Monday, March 28, 2011

Pickles

There where a few things that compelled me to take a pregnancy test. One of course was missing my period but even that wasn't a big deal since it is normally erratic and late, second of course was the tenderness in my breasts that I normally don't even think about. but the third was the pickles. The Saturday before we found out Tony Johnny and I When to a local park thats near our house. It has several fields where they play soccer, baseball and other sports. in the middle is a playground (that on the weekends is swamped by the younger siblings of those who play) to the right of that playground is a soccer dad that hangs out on the weekends and sells hot dogs and drinks. it was a little chilly so we sat on a sun warmed bench opposite of that. Johnny was busy playing and so Tony and I went to get a water, Tony decided he wanted candy, I decided that a pickle sounded soooo yummy. After we went to sit on the bench Johnny would come back every few minutes to ask for either a bite of candy or of my pickle. After I finished the pickle.... I bought another. I know I have cravings for things once in a while... but eating these pickles made sense to me. As if having pickles in my diet regularly would be an improvement. I thought of why I wanted not just one pickle... but two that day... and even though I worried I pushed it out of my mind after we left. Over the last few days Ive been eating pickles out of the kosher pickle jar in the fridge. Its looking half empty (or half full :) ) today.
the other night when I was making tomato basil and mozzarella risotto I had the urge for garlic.... I chewed on a slice of garlic and although it was pretty spicy it was really good. Even the idea sounds good to me right now... when I told tony that he said it must be his baby (as if it wouldn't be! lol).
Who knew cravings hit so early?

And speaking of food...
this week the baby is the size of a lentil! which is part of what we are eating tonight for dinner! how appropriate. :D


here is the park
the place where i got my pickle is in the background

1 comment: